Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Hello!

 

I can't believe it's been so long since I've last posted! I really do miss this blog. I've been so busy and a lot of things have happened over the last year. I started teaching at San Jose State University for their Master's in Library Science program and that is very exciting! I love working with graduate students and I am thrilled to be teaching our future librarians. I am also working on a book that has really been a work in progress due to the pandemic. My book is basically going to give away all of my programming secrets to librarians and library staff and I am so happy that I have the opportunity to do this! My focus is going to be on Adulting programs for teens because that is something that I think is really important for teens today. I just spoke at a virtual School Library Journal Teen Live event to start promoting my book. It was a total blast and has given me the boost I need to finish this book! The title I have for the book so far is Growing Up Is Hard. I'll post more about the book and about the new class I'm teaching at SJSU this fall, it's all about sustainability and I designed it myself. It's great to be back and I will try my best to post more regularly. I do have an idea to go old school and review middle grade and YA books I've been reading and offer up ideas for booktalks. So you should see that coming up very soon too!!!

Keep on reading,
Mrs. Librarian Lady


No comments: