Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's the Cheesiest But Oh So Good

I am the Cheese by Robert Cormier

This is an amazing book! I wasn't sure if I was going to like it because I really didn't like Cormier's classic The Chocolate War. However, this book has so much mystery around every turn in the story and its just the kind of psychological thriller that you can really get into. The main character Adam Farmer seems so innocent and true as he recollects his journey of riding his bike for several miles throughout several states in order to deliver a very important package to his father who is in a hospital in Vermont. With twists and turns the story takes on several points of view as Adam also is relating his story to a deep voiced man who probes him to tell his story. Never would I have thought that the story would end as it does and I was definitely surprised in the final outcome of Adam's tale. I really recommend this book to reluctant readers because it has so much grit to the story. I am now a huge fan of I am the Cheese and will recommend it to teens that come into my library.

No comments: