Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Vampire Lovers Unite!

Today's letter comes from Vampyre Lvr

Hey there Mrs. Librarian Lady! I really loved the Twilight series and have read and re-read them over lots of times. I'm starting to get a little bored with that and I want to read something new that has vampires and a couple in love like Edward and Bella in it. Can you help me find something good to read that I can sink my teeth into?

Signed, Vampyre Lvr

Hi Vamp Lvr! I'm so glad that you love the Twilight series, I love it quite a bit too! I think that vampires are really cool especially when they sparkle like the ones in Forks, Washington :) If you are looking for a good book try taking a bite out of this one!

Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde (Magic Carpet Books, 2005)

High school student Kerry has a soft spot for underlings in need of help and just her luck, the one that she feels sorry for happens to be a vampire. After she saves the really good looking Ethan she finds out that he actually is a vampire but it's too late because her family is kidnapped and she has to join forces with Ethan. She is on a mission to unravel the mystery of their disappearance and find out who is wrecking havoc on her town.

This book is full of excitement and adventure and in the end you might just have a little soft spot for Ethan as well. There are definite similarities to the Bella and Edward relationship except that Ethan is much more mysterious and maybe a little hotter looking :O Vampire lovers will adore this fast-paced mystery novel and it will definitely leave them wanting more.

Happy Reading to you!!

Mrs. Librarian Lady

1 comment:

phira360 said...

Have you read any non-teen books recently?