Pages

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Secret Secret I have a Secret

Hey there Mrs. Librarian Lady this is from one of your readers. My name is L2theL and I like to read fantasy books. Can you tell me if there are any good books out there that are about dragons? I also really like books that are filled with action so I was wondering if you have read anything that you really like.

Hello L2theL!

You have come to the right place. I have a book in mind that I think you will really like. Read this review I wrote and then if it sounds like something you might like go down to the library and check it out! Thanks so much for writing me.

Keep up the good reading!

Mrs. Librarian Lady :)


Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman (Penguin/Viking, 2008).

Eon has been through a series of bad events. His leg is mangled and he has many deep dark secrets. Eon’s master Brannon has been training him as an apprentice Dragoneye. When Eon tries out he finds he has much more power than anyone ever knew. Dragoneyes are the lucky twelve chosen to be the human link to the dragons of magic. Each year, the ascendant dragon chooses a new apprentice to be trained in this magic. The Dragoneye holds the power to keep the well being of the Empire. As Eon ascends into a royal state of court, he tries to hold on to his secret. However, when the evil Lord Ido seeks to destroy Eon things get pretty dangerous. Eon must turn to his new friends he has made to help him stay alive. With his secret dangling in the wind, his and their lives are all at stake. Fast-paced and full of exciting surprises, Goodman has gone beyond the normal fantasy book, as Eon’s world does not exist yet has many similarities of the world we know. Eon evokes the idea that the power of one’s own self worth can actually help them achieve a winning hand.

**ALA 2010 Best Books for Young Adults

No comments: